Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do you feel lost planning math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you!
WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?
Many teachers and districts are wanting more problem solving in the primary classrooms. But they also understand the gaps in math instruction when math story problems are 100% of the instruction.
WHAT IS GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?
Guided math workshop is a comprehensive curriculum I've developed for first grade to balance math instruction. It incorporates all of the Cognitively Guided Math principles I've used in 1st grade for years, plus many of the hands on games and skill activities that are also beneficial for primary students and problem solving heavy curriculums lack.
Find more detailed information on the whats and whys plus the weekly schedule and routine in the preview! I have also included a list of materials and manipulatives needed with links in the preview download! Plus, read more about GMW on the blog!
Want to try this curriculum for FREE first? The FREEBIE includes the first 10 days of lesson plans for Guided Math Workshop, plus a few printables to get you started. It will give you an idea of what this curriculum is like before purchasing the entire curriculum.
This is a growing resource meaning that I will be adding weekly lesson plans as they are completed. It will be complete by May 2019.
I have also added a comprehensive Guided Math Workshop Bundle that includes all of the resources currently in my store that are used in this curriculum. It is a one stop shop for your math curriculum in first grade!
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
• Year at a glance overview with the big idea for each of the 36 weeks.
• The first 10 days (2 weeks) lesson plans to launch guided math workshop
• Weekly lesson plans for weeks 3-36 (each week is on one page) **WEEKS 19-36 COMING SOON**
• Rotation Board pdf files (2 different layout options)...show on your interactive board or print poster size
• Digital EDITABLE Rotation Board Slide Show: This is a timed slideshow. Just click to start and every 15 minutes, it will play chimes to cue students to move automatically and show the next rotation. Plus, you can edit almost everything on this powerpoint file. (Watch the video preview to see this in action!)
• Number Choice progressions chart for addition and subtraction (an explanation of how to choose the right numbers to build base 10 understanding)
• Explanation of problem types
• Problem Solving Strategy Progression Charts for Addition, Subtraction, Comparing, Multiplication and Division
• Detailed narrative of the routines for Meet With Me time for each level of groups
• A few bonus materials (like some game sheets or writing prompts) are included that cannot be found in another resource in my store.
• TONS of narrative explanations walking you through getting started, assessing and forming small groups, creating and editing the rotation boards, what materials you may also want to use, and much more!
• A list of trade books and manipulatives/resources used in the curriculum with links
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE LESSON PLANS?
• Material lists
• Before lesson prep notes
• Mini-lessons or warm-ups
• Story problem launching scripts
• Story problem share time guiding questions
• Whole group lessons
• Anchor chart ideas and plans
• Standards list (SMPs and Common Core Tags)
• Math Talks with guiding questions
• Hands-on activity plans and material lists
• Counting Collections plans and focuses
• M.A.T.H (Meet with me, At my seat, Tech, Hands on) plans for each week
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THESE LESSON PLANS?
These plans do not include most of the materials needed. This is because many of the materials needed are already available separately in my store. You can find a list and links in the preview download. Any materials listed in the lesson plans that are not available in another resource in my store ARE included with these plans.
These suggested resources are not required to do this curriculum. You can write your own story problems, draw your own math talks based on the ones I give you, and use your own game handouts or materials. But the links to the materials are in the preview and listed below if you prefer to have them ready-made!
Formal assessments are not included in this plans resource. The link to my quarterly math assessments is below.
RELATED RESOURCES NEEDED FOR GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP:
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!