Guided Phonics Pink Lessons 1-20 . Science of Reading
Please open and read the PREVIEW file. Lots of info in there, including a Q&A section.
*Note* This product is complete. All 20 lessons have been uploaded. If you own this product, go to your My Purchases tab and re-download.
This file is over 650 pages of lesson and activities that will last you 60 days to teach. It may be overwhelming, just being honest...pure goodness, but a lot. There is still a bit to print, prep and organized before getting your Guided Phonics groups up and running. This set will be discounted until all the 20 pink lessons have been added in the next few weeks.
This product is a set of 20 lesson plans (60 lessons total) and activities to teach phonics based skill groups. The lessons are aligned to the Scope & Phonics Sequence I created for 100% alignment to the phonics skills taught in order.
While this product is marked as best for K & 1st, this product is best for any students, regardless of their grade, reading in the K-1 range.
The target skills for these 20 lessons (that will last you 60 sessions) are:
- phonemic awareness: phoneme isolation, phoneme blending & segmenting
- alphabetic knowledge - letter names & sound/symbol connections
- orthographic mapping regular, irregular & temporary heart words
- proper handwriting letter formation
- spelling dictation: accurate spelling, capitalization, word spacing, period
- phonics practice games & activities: Sound Rainbows, Word Chains, etc.
- single regular sounds for consonants
- short vowels
- oral blending & decoding CVC words, spelling CVC & Heart Words
- long vowel CV words (he, me, we, no, go, so, hi)
- r-controlled er/ir/ur
- closed syllables
- open syllables
- CVVC syllable division
- multisyllabic words using those CV & CVC open & closed syllable patterns (bandit, laptop, fantastic, Wisconsin, Atlantic).
These lessons are written in a systematic, sequential, structured format for small group for phonics instruction. See my PD ON DEMAND for how to teach this way.
Since Guided Phonics, or Guided Literacy (not Guided Reading) is based on grouping students according to their phonics skills (not their reading level) I have created a Quick Placement Assessment (included in this product) so you can easily know where to begin instruction with each of your students.
This product includes (or will):
- *20 Lesson Plans (or 60 sessions since there are really 3 20-minute sessions per 1 lesson)
- 20 Lesson Activities: Letter Cards, Games, Sound Mats, Dictation Sheets, Word Lists, Phonics Review Sheets, Sound-Symbol Mapping
- 1 Quick Placement Assessment & Directions for Administration & Scoring
- 4 Assessments (Pink 1, Pink 2, Pink 3, Pink 4) use for pre & post
- 1 Guided Phonics Decodables Scope & Sequence
- 1 Detailed Scope & Sequence: Target Skill per Book (see preview)
- 1 Detailed Scope & Sequence: Heart Words per Book (see preview)
- 1 Binder Cover/Spine Labels
*if you did every lesson completely, it would take you 60 days/sessions for this bundle
Components of each Guided Phonics lesson (EVERYTHING BELOW IS INCLUDED)
- Phonological Awareness
- Handwriting Drill
- Sound-Symbol Mapping
- Phonics Review
- New Target Phonics Skill
- Decoding Practice
- Spelling Dictation
- Connected Text Reading
- New Vocabulary
- Comprehension through Oral Language
This resource is 100% aligned to the 20 Pink Set Decodables (sold separately) already released in my store. You do not need to use MY decodables, as long as the decodable book you use targets the new phonics skill for the lesson.
PLEASE NOTE: Guided Phonics IS NOT THE SAME as Guided Reading. Students in Guided Phonics groups are grouped based phonics skills, not reading levels. I created the Quick Placement Assessment (included in this product) so you can easily know which lesson to begin Guided Phonics instruction with each of your students.
If you have questions, please leave them in the Q&A for this product and I'll be sure to answer them.
Thank you so much for considering this purchase, designed with the Science of Reading research and how the brain learns to read, in mind. This product also aligned to the Science of Learning.
This product is a one teacher/one class set license. If you wish to use this with your entire grade level, you pay purchase additional licenses at checkout or after checkout at your My Purchases tab. If you are purchasing this for 5 teachers to use, please buy 5 at checkout.
Jen Jones, Hello Literacy
Follow me on social media so you know when the parts are released.
©2022, Jen Jones, Hello Literacy® Inc. - Guided Phonics Lessons 1-20, Science of Reading - for single classroom use, please purchase multiple licenses at check-out for whole-grade or school-wide use, for example if 10 teachers will use it, buy 1 and add 9 additional licenses. It is a violation of TpT and the Digital Millennium Act to sell or share this product, electronically, physically, on a server with or without a firewall, without purchasing additionally licenses.
Copyright © Hello Literacy, Inc.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.