This 6-part training series comes with 6 PowerPoint presentations, a digital Facilitator Guide, a digital Participant Guide and digital anchor charts.
Worried about such a big purchase? Test it out, on us! Free, downloadable version of Training 1 of this series is available here.
WHAT ISN'T PROVIDED THAT MUST STILL BE PURCHASED
There are a few more materials that are necessary for the delivery of this training that we cannot provide to you via TpT. Those materials include reading excerpts, templates, videos, and prompting guides that are provided in the books, “What Are The Rest Of My Kids Doing?” and “Great Habits, Great Readers.” These books informed the creation of this training series and must also be purchased for facilitators to have 100% of the resources they need to facilitate this training series.
training 1 – guided reading 101
- Teachers will be able to define the key elements of a successful GR Program
- Teachers will review the research on effective GR
- Teachers will collaboratively agree on the framework for their school
training 2 – class culture and library
- Teachers will be able to experience and plan for confidence building lessons related to reading
- Teachers will learn about free online resources available to them for leveled reading materials.
- Teachers will categorize their classroom library based on reading levels, genres, etc.
training 3 – purposeful learning experiences
- Teachers will participate in and experience Purposeful Learning Experiences (PLEs)
- Teachers will create a shared definition of what PLEs are
training 4 – PLE workshop
- Teachers will leave planning workshop with a 4-Week Plan for introducing PLEs to students
- Teachers will select texts for each PLE based on student reading levels, student interests and curriculum.
- Teachers will create relevant anchor charts for selected focus PLEs
training 5 – guided reading best practices
- Teachers will revisit and analyze exemplar Guided Reading videos
- Teachers will explore the elements of a Guided Reading Lesson Plan
- Teachers will revisit exemplar guided reading schedules
- Teachers will complete a Student Reading Level Assessment
training 6 – guided reading workshop
- Teachers will create a 6-week (30-day) Guided Reading plan for their classrooms