This is a HUGE bundle made up of all of my guided reading resources from my time as a both a classroom teacher and an interventionist.
Through the activities, printable and directions included in this packet, teachers will familiarize themselves with the different aspects of guided reading, including behavior management, lesson planning, assessment and reading strategies.
Here's what is included if you purchase!
1. Tons of instructions, pictures and student samples for the different aspects of guided reading
2. Four guided reading behavior management posters (one freebie included in the sample)
3. Tools for organizing your reading assessments and student data
- whole class profile sheet
-individual student profile sheet
- poster labels for reading assessment kits
- tips and instructions for organizing grade wide guided reading
- Dos and Don'ts of reading assessments - Great for beginning teachers!
4. Lesson Plans
- 2 options for guided reading lesson plans (1 page and 2 page)
- Weekly lesson plans at a glance sheet
5. Anecdotal note taking forms
- 5 different forms - Both individual and group notes, plus a mid-semester reading check in form to reflect on progress
6. Informal Running Record Form
7. Strategy Card Rings (for individual student rings) plus 8 x 11 posters for decoding, fluency and comprehension strategies
- 18 Decoding strategies
- 9 Fluency strategies
- 18 Comprehension strategies
The strategies are NOT Beanie Babies strategies - they use language that is appropriate for upper elementary students, yet are accompanied by visuals, making it a friendly resource for first and second grade students.
8. Strategy Placemats that align with strategy posters and cards - One for decoding, fluency and comprehension, plus one extra customizable mat for students
9. Guided reading response journal + rubric and book list
Over 100+ pages of resources included! Easy to use, no frills, very teacher-friendly. Perfect for Grade 1-Grade 5 teachers who are using guided reading in their classroom!
Please ask any and all questions before purchasing this pack and be sure to check out the preview for visuals and a FREE sample!