Guided Reading has never been easier with The Ultimate Guided Reading Toolkit. This BUNDLED product also includes Guided Reading Lesson Plan Templates that include skills needed at each level A-N. Plan your Guided Reading Groups in minutes using the plans and activities. There are over 130 Guided Reading Activities included focusing on phonics, reading strategies, and comprehension.
YOUTUBE VIDEO: SEE WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!!
This IS the ULTIMATE Guided Reading Toolkit! Here's why...
- Table of contents that includes instructions on how to organize your toolkit
- Over 130 activities that are numbered for easy organization
- Hands-on color-coded activities for phonics, reading strategies, and comprehension skills
- Fits into one storage container and four index boxes so everything is in one place
- Each activity card includes book level, supplies needed, teacher and student directions
Planning a lesson is as easy as:
1. Select your guided reading book depending on your group of students (books are not included in this product and plans are not aligned to specific titles). You will use your own Guided Reading Books.
2. Choose skills students need to learn/practice.
3. Use The Ultimate Guided Reading Toolkit activities (2-3) with your group.
Red Phonics Skills Included:
- Letter ID/Sounds
- Initial/Final Sounds
- CVC Words
- High-Frequency Words
- Sound/Letter Boxes
- Initial Blends/Final Blends
- Long Vowels
- Magic E/Silent E
- Compound Words
- Word Ladders
- Fiction vs. Non-Fiction
- Known Words to New Words
- Inflectional Endings
- Possessive Nouns
- R-Controlled Vowels
- Irregular Nouns
BLUE Reading Strategy Skills Included:
- One to One Match
- Sounding Out CVC Words
- Rereading for Understanding
- Read Using Visual Information
- Read Using Language Structure
- Read Using Meaning
- Read Using Picture Clues
- Reading Punctuation
- Reading Quotation Marks
- Breaking Words Apart
- Reading Strategy Animals
Yellow Comprehension Skills Included:
- Character Changes
- Question Cards
- Text Connections
- Character Feelings
- Comprehension Fiction Questions
- Comprehension Non-Fiction Questions
- Expressing Opinions
- Non-Fiction Text Features
- Story Map
- Venn Diagram
PLEASE NOTE: This product needs to be printed on cardstock paper for durability. Many of the pages should also be printed in color and laminated. It is going to take TIME to put it all together as well. But, when it is together- it will save you many, many hours when planning your Guided Reading Lessons.
The activities are correlated with Fountas and Pinnell levels, however, you can use the conversion chart below and use it with any leveling system you use in your district. If the chart does not show the leveling system you use, you can probably Google it and find a conversion chart. Here is a link to a correlation chart that includes: Learning A-Z, Age, Grade, AR, Fountas and Pinnell, Reading Recovery, DRA, PM Readers, and Lexile Levels.
Check out what other teachers have said about this product:
❝Oh my gosh, where has this been all my life?!?!?!? I never have to write another guided reading lesson plan or buy another word work unit or activity again. THANK YOU!!!❞
❝There are not words enough in the English language to express just what a phenomenal product this is. It was my goal this year to make my Guided Reading time more focused, and while I spent a lot of time and money on products to improve my practice, I still didn't have the know-how to put it all together. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN MISSING! Very explicit, very simple lessons AND the tools necessary to get my students to the levels they need to be. Absolutely a bargain at TWICE the price!❞
You might also like:
Don't forget- leaving feedback earns you TPT credits toward free TPT purchases!
FOLLOW ME to be notified when new resources are uploaded AND I offer 20% off my products for the first 48 hours. It pays to follow.
Copyright © JD'sRockinReaders.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.