Guided Reading Binder, Comprehension Lessons, Reading Skills in Digital and PDF
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Having a guided reading binder set up so you can grab what you need and go makes a HUGE difference in time needed to plan. Let's face it. You don't have time for indepth plans for guided reading when you have so many other plans to write. Check out the preview and see what I'm talking about!
At my school, I set this up and left the binder in our book room with multiple copies that teachers could take. Many commented on how useful it was, and most made their own guided reading binder just like it. As you find new activities, you can also add them in. This one includes both a black and white PDF version for inexpensive printing and use with small group paper/pencil needs and in a digital format using Google SlidesTM for use in literacy workstations or for one-to-one classrooms. All guided reading materials included address fiction and nonfiction strategies to use before, during, and after reading with any book. The guided reading binder has a table of contents which is listed below. Again, there are sample pages are viewable in the preview file. The materials are interactive and most include written responses. Directions are included on how to use one slide or assignment at a time with Google Slides, and students can either print their finished assignments or submit them to you electronically through file sharing.
If you'd like to have just the black and white version, no problem Simply click the link below which will take you to that listing.
Guided Reading Binder Bundle (Black and White PDF Only)
If you'd like to have just the colored digital version, no problem there either. Please click the link below which will take you to that listing.
Guided Reading Binder (Full Color Digital)
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THE GUIDED READING BINDER?
- Word Splash Brainstorming
- ABC Brainstorming
- Quick Write
- Vocabulary Foldable 6 and 8 word
- Vocabulary Organizer Kid Friendly Definitions and Context Clues
- Vocabulary Organizer Examples and Nonexamples
- Making Predictions (2 options)
- Author’s Purpose (2 options)
- Story Impressions
- Catapult Prereading
- I Know, I See, I Wonder
- I Bet!
DURING AND AFTER READING:
- Column Notes
- Pairs Check
- Four Square Thinking for Fiction and Nonfiction
- Characters Count
- Analyzing Fiction and Nonfiction
- Looking for the Signals
- The Important Thing
- SWBSF Accordion Book
- Question Stem Task Cards (48)
- Response Form
- Story Elements Organizer
- Retellings (2 options)
- Nonfiction Text Features Organizers
- I Wonder Questioning (5 W’s plus H) 2 options
- Find the Facts
- Main Idea (2 options)
- Summarizing Nonfiction
- Before, During, After Notes
- Skill Foldables (8 of them)
- Reciprocal Teaching
- Hand Summary
- Raft Paper
- Skill Based Anchor Charts for Cause/Effect, Fact/Opinion, Inferences, Drawing Conclusions, and Sequencing
- Comprehension Strategies for Parents (Handouts)
78 pages total (and 78 pages digital)
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I have only been able to use a small amount of this at the moment, but already my students love it. So many options to choose to keep the kids engaged. . Thank you for making this so easy for me to use in the classroom."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "JAM PACKED full of amazing tools for me and my young learners! WOW! Thank you so much! I find this beyond helpful!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Thank you for this great resource! I know my students will enjoy the activities you create to make reading meaningful."
OTHER COMPREHENSION FOCUSED RESOURCES YOU'D ENJOY:
- Guided Reading Binder
- Reading Anchor Charts Set #1
- Reading Comprehension Word Wall and Word Rings
- Comprehension Projects Bundle
- Book Clubs Made Easy
- Comprehension Learning Mats
- Vocabulary Activities for ANY Word List
- Reading Anchor Charts Set #2
Copyright Comprehension Connection. Use is allowed for one classroom only. If you wish to share, please purchase additional licenses at the discounted rate.