This unit is intended to be a Guided Reading Book Study for the text Harriet Tubman written by Catherine Nicols. This is a Level J text and can be found and/or purchased from the following links:
The Book Study consists of:
1. Background Information sheet- includes text type, level, story summary, vocabulary list, extension resources/links
2. 16 vocabulary cards with definitions
3. Pre-Reading lesson plan- includes making connections, introducing the text, supportive text features, and challenging text features
4. During -Reading lesson plan- includes developing fluency, phonics and word study strategy-consonant blends, text feature focus- italics, and comprehension strategy-understanding a story map
5. Pot-Reading Lesson plan- includes content conversations and extension ideas
6. Student Printable Reader's Notebook
7. Guided Reading Printable Extras- includes individual teacher recording sheet for conferencing with students, guided reading lesson plan template, guided reading group organizers, guided reading levels organizers, guided reading schedule organizers, and guided reading book list recording sheet.
*Please note this does not include the book/text. This only includes the printable resources to support the text.*
I would LOVE to hear your comments and feedback! PLEASE use the "Ask the Seller" tab if you'd like anything changed or added and I will gladly add or change the product for you!
Follow me on FB and Bloglovin' for tons of freebies and fun!
Facebook- Selling the Sizzle
Blog- Selling the Sizzle