Guided and Independent Reading Strategy Reminder Tents
-Fold the download into thirds to create a tent to be placed in front of the student during reading.
- Each tent has three strategies.
- Place the needed strategy in front of the child.
- The tents serve as a visual reminder of the specific reading strategy the student should be employing.
- The strategies included are: Skip the word and read on, Look at the picture, Sound like talking, Look at the the endings of words, Look for chunks,Read the punctuation, Listen to yourself read, Get your lips ready, Stop and think, Flip the sound, Stretch the word and Guess a word that makes sense.
- Watch as your students become more deliberate and metacognitve with their reading.