Perfect for your emergent readers. Everything you need!
Included is a guided reading lesson plan based on the guided reading level A book, I Can, and the sight words, (I, can) in the book. There is room for you to fill in appropriate letter work, phonics, and phonemic awareness based on the needs of your students.
The reproducible guided reading book is a two-page document, when run back to back, cut and folded, creates a 10 page Guided Reading Book. The correct words and pictures line up when copied back to back, cut on solid lines and fold on dotted lines to create a small book.
Guided Reading Level A
Reading Recover/ Early Intervention (EIL) 1
• Consistent placement of text in upper left to reinforce directionality.
• One line of text per page.
• Good spacing between words to help teach one to one correspondence. • Repeated pattern.
• High Frequency/Sight Word based.
Sight word focus for this book: I, can
Also included are printables of:
• cut up sentences
• writing sentences
• corresponding sight word flash cards
• sight word cut and build word/letter cards