Guided Reading Lesson Plan Template - Guided Reading Lessons - Small Group
Also included in
- Guided Reading has never been easier with The Ultimate Guided Reading Toolkit. This BUNDLED product also includes Guided Reading Lesson Plan Template that includes skills needed at each level A-N. Plan your Guided Reading Groups in minutes using the plans and activities. There are over 130 GuidedPrice $34.00Original Price $38.00Save $4.00
Using a Guided Reading Lesson Plan Template ensures that you are teaching skills that students need to learn at each level. Easily keep your Guided Reading Lessons aligned using these small group lesson templates. Each Guided Reading Lesson Plan Template has activities for what students need to learn at each level A-N for phonics, reading strategies, and comprehension.
When I use these small group templates in my classroom I simply pull out the level needed for my group from my Guided Reading Binder. From there I can see what skills my students need to learn during my guided reading groups. I then choose a book for them to read (not included) and choose guided reading activities from the Ultimate Guided Reading Toolkit.
These Guided Reading Lessons can be used with any leveled books and aligns perfectly with The Ultimate Guided Reading Toolkit.
Check out the BUNDLE with a toolkit with over 130 different activities plus these lesson plans for your guided reading groups!
These Small Group Lesson Templates Include:
- Phonics / Word Work- choose specific phonics/grammar skills depending on the text level
- Before Reading- engage in conversation while predicting, taking a picture walk, or introducing new and important words
- During Reading- teach reading strategies such as one-to-one matching, rereading for meaning, or using picture clues
- After Reading- choose comprehension skills such as retelling, stating opinions, or answering questions about the text
- Google Slides- These now come in a digital format! Type right onto the lesson plans and keep your plans on your iPad or computer to take notes while teaching the lesson
Do you use a different leveling system? Here is a link to a correlation chart that includes: Learning A-Z, Age, Grade, AR, Fountas and Pinnell, Reading Recovery, DRA, PM Readers, and Lexile Levels.
What other teachers are saying:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Guided reading always seemed to be a bit unorganized for me, and I never felt really good about any of the sessions I had. I wanted to be doing more, and I wasn't really sure the best way to structure my lessons. After reading through all these lessons, I felt SO much better. I planned my first three guided reading lessons using this format a couple days ago, and it was great! Everything ran so smoothly and I felt much better after I met with each group!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This was a great resource for me when planning for my small groups. It really helped me understand what I should be looking for at each level. I also was able to use the resource to inform parents of their reader."
You might also like:
Don't forget- leaving feedback earns you TPT credits toward free TPT purchases!
FOLLOW ME to be notified when new resources are uploaded AND I offer 20% off my products for the first 48 hours. It pays to follow.
Copyright © JD'sRockinReaders.
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.