** ON SALE for the first 48 hours**
These guided reading lesson plan templates make planning easy and save you tons of time! Not sure what skills to teach at each level? This resource eliminates this problem by organizing reading strategies and skills appropriate for each reading level.
This resource includes EVERYTHING you need to prepare a lesson you simply choose the text! The lesson plan templates can be used with ANY text on levels Q-Z (Fountas & Pinnell).
THE TEMPLATE (Days 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- what skills students should be able to complete at each level
- before reading activities: book introduction, preview & predict and introducing new vocabulary
- chose your comprehension focus (list provided)
- during reading activities: comprehension focus, student response format, questioning prompts
- after reading activities: discuss & teach, word study and guided writing
- list of guided writing prompts that link to comprehension provided
- list of target writing skills provided
- list of discussion starters
- provides a checklist of teaching points for each level with room to check off when they were introduced or mastered
- teaching points written in kid friendly language that provide a picture of behaviors and strategies you should see at each level
- overview of how to conduct a guided reading level for fluent readers
- lesson procedures for each step (before, during and after reading)
- outlines teaching time for days 1,2,3 and 4 of intruction
- explains how to introduce a new book as well as vocabulary
- provides suggestions on how to use the silent reading time to confer with each student
- suggest options for word study
- explains how to incorporate guided writing at your reading table by linking back to your comprehension focus
- lists prompts and scaffolds for guided writing organized by writing goal
- 8 graphic organizers linked to comprehension skills for fluent readers for all types of text
- explanation of how to use each graphic organizer
- List of Assessment to Administer for Fluent Readers
- Running Record Form
- Classroom Reading Levels Forms (4 versions)
- Student Record of Book Level
- Profiles of Guided Reading Levels which explain what readers look like as pre-emergent, emergent, early, transitional and fluent readers
- Teacher Notes & Observations Sheet
- Weekly Planning Guide
- Text Planning Guide
- Weekly Group Planning Guide
- Group Attendance Record
This resource also allows you to differentiate your instruction based upon the needs of your students. Perfect for special education and reading intervention teachers as well.
Other available guided reading products:
Guided Reading Lesson Plans Levels A-J
Guided Reading Lesson Plans Levels K-P
Guided Reading Response Booklet for Duck for President
Guided Reading Response Booklet for Harry the Dirty Dog
Be the first to know about sales, freebies and new products:
Click on the green star that says “Follow Me” to become a follower!
Earn FREE or Discounted Products:
By leaving feedback on your purchases, you can earn credits that will save you money on future TpT products!
1. Just go to your “My Purchases” page, click on “Provide Feedback.”
2. Leave a rating and comment for the product.
3. Earn credits to save you money on your next TpT purchase!