Also included in
- Guided Reading 96 printable leveled readers, lesson plans, word work, sentence work, assessments and more! Note: 7/22 DIGITAL VERSIONS OF THE BOOKS COMING SOON! This resource includes everything you need to conduct small guided reading groups with your Level AA-G readers. EACH LEVEL includes:✅TWEL$130.00$192.00Save $62.00
Make your guided reading planning simple and easy with this set of printable leveled reading books and lesson plans! This BUNDLE of guided reading lesson plans includes everything you need to conduct small group reading with your Level AA-G readers.
Your small group reading instruction just got easier! This set of guided reading lesson plans has 48 printable leveled books, detailed lesson plans, word work, sentence work, assessments, and more! Students will LOVE the engaging books and reading tasks that can all be completed in their small group reading lesson.
This bundle of guided reading lesson plans includes:
These printable leveled reading books are perfect for small group instruction, center work, morning work, early finishers, homework and much more! You will LOVE the detailed and scripted 2 day guided reading lesson plans that you just print and teach. Plus, you can track data using the assessment sheets provided.
These guided reading books have been formatted for Google Slides. This will allow you to conduct your small group reading digitally! You can load them to your Google Classroom or Seesaw if you wish. WIN!
Let’s take a closer look at what you will find in this research-based guided reading resource:
- PRINTABLE LEVELED READING BOOKS: Each set of leveled texts includes 3 fiction books and 3 nonfiction books. You can print these in color or in black and white. We have formatted the books so 2 books are on a page. This will be a big time saver. No folding is needed!
- DETAILED GUIDED READING LESSON PLANS: We have scripted each 2 Day guided reading lesson template for you! That means you can print and teach! We have left plenty of room on the lesson template so you can make modifications, customizations, and take notes.
- SMALL GROUP READING ACTIVITIES AND WORD WORK: Each leveled text has word work and phonemic awareness activities that are perfect for your kindergarten and first-grade students. As text complexity increases, the word work also increases in complexity. Activities such as word sorts, segmenting and blending sounds, and making words by manipulating letter tiles.
- READING STRATEGIES: We have added reading strategies right on the lesson plan template so you will be able to document which strategies students are using as they read their guided reading text.
- SENTENCE WORK AND GUIDED WRITING: Each book comes with a guided writing activity that ranges from building a mentor sentence to responding to the text. Guided writing allows you the opportunity to teach right at the point of difficulty. Students will become more confident in their writing and you will see this transfer to other areas of their writing.
- READING COMPREHENSION PROMPTS: We have included comprehension questions for each book. Engage your students in reflective questions to drive up their reading comprehension skills.
- HIGH-FREQUENCY WORD WORK: Each guided text will allow you to focus on high-frequency words as part of your small group warm-up.
- ASSESSMENTS: We have included a running record for each book that you can print out. You will find we have calculated the percentages so you will know whether the text is their instructional level, independent level, or frustration level.
What teachers are saying…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I wish I could give a rating higher than A. This product is absolutely amazing. It has transformed how I do guided reading. I highly recommend it for any teacher new to guided reading and those who have done it for years. Guided reading planning and preparation is a breeze and my students are loving the stories and activities. I am so happy with this purchase. Thank you!” - Emma G.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I'm not sure how I did guided reading groups without this resource. I love it! The activities are engaging, level appropriate and easy to implement. The children enjoy the leveled stories. I use the leveled stories both in the guided groups and in their independent reading tubs. Great, easy to follow lesson plans for subs as well.” - Linda M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These have literally saved me so much time and energy preparing guided reading lessons for my class of wide ranged students. Buy the bundle- you won't regret it!” - Heather D.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Does this align with the Fountas and Pinnell guided reading levels?
A: Yes! We have over 30 combined years of teaching guided reading. We also consulted the Fountas and Pinnell text leveling criteria to verify we were on target. Additionally, we sent these texts out to teachers to be tested. Just like other leveled passages, the text difficulty may vary, but we feel confident that they are aligned.
Q: How do I know what level my students need to be on?
A: We have taken the guesswork out for you. The running record templates that we have included will guide you. There is no need to get out a running record calculator. We have run the percentages for you.
Do you need additional books? We have them! Check out these related products: