I am over the moon about this product and I hope you will feel the same way. It takes me FOREVER to plan my mini lessons every year for small group guided reading. I usually have 5 groups so I am planning 25 extra mini lessons a week. NOT ANYMORE! This packet provides 30 lessons that are perfect for level B readers. The only thing you have to do is copy the pages for the students, choose any book and pick from the different comprehension activities provided. There is also a pre and post assessment for the level, binder cover, and examples of it being used. I hope I can save you time and your students can benefit from the work already being done!
Students will work on...
• Phonemic Skills Covered
• Long vowel review
• CVCe words ~ super silent e: spelling
• Digraph Review ~ sh, ch, wh & th identifying
• Writing a sentence with capitals, punctuation, and correct letter sound correspondence.
• Long e ~ ee, and ea identify and spell
• Long a ~ ai and ay identify and spell
• Long o ~ oa and ow identify and spell
• Long vowel vs. short vowel sorting
• Compound word identification
• Writing & sorting blends
• Rhyming with short vowel word families
• Ending digraphs
• Double consonants ~ introduction
Comprehension Skills Covered
• Retelling ~ Beginning, Middle, & End
• Text Connections
• Schema & Facts
• Sequencing 4 parts of a story.
• Compare/ Contrast
Reading Strategies Covered
• Look for words inside of words
• What would make sense
If you like this product, you may also like the following:
30 Small Group Guided Reading Mini Lessons, Activities, & More: LEVEL C
30 Small Group Guided Reading Mini Lessons, Activities, & More: LEVEL D
30 Small Group Guided Reading Mini Lessons, Activities, & More: LEVEL E
30 Small Group Guided Reading Mini Lessons, Activities, & More: LEVEL F