Also included in
- If you feel disorganized, unprepared, or unsure about your small-group or guided reading, then you are in the right place! This toolkit is perfect for streamlining your guided reading instruction in kindergarten and first grade. Do you sometimes struggle to fit in all of your guided reading groups?DPrice $55.00Original Price $100.00Save $45.00
Do you sometimes struggle to fit in all of your guided reading groups?
Do you wish you had tools on hand to model a certain skill or strategy quickly?
Do you wish you had organized, ready-to-go resources for your students to practice important skills at each reading level?
These 'wishes' were the inspiration for my newest resource: Guided Reading Warm-ups!
This toolkit is the perfect resource for reviewing a few skills to warm up your students' brains before your guided reading book, or as a quick strategy lesson before sending them off to read independently!
⭐️⭐⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Trying to get guided reading started can be difficult but when I use these to start my student love coming over for reading warm-ups.” - Daina P.
***NEW!!!*** The DIGITAL versions of ALL components are now included! Perfect for distance learning!
There are 3 components to this resource, for each level! PRINTABLE + DIGITAL
- 1-page warm-ups: These are designed to be a quick 2 or 3-minute review and practice of reading skills and strategies to warm up your students for reading! You can do the whole page or pick a section to work on. Teacher directions to read to students are in each box, so these are great for assistants and subs as well. There are 68 warm-ups in this bundle for levels AA to D.
- Skill Cards: These cards focus on one skill at a time, providing many practice opportunities. There are 250 cards included in this bundle!
- Teacher Tent Cards: These foldable cards are perfect for introducing or reviewing the skill/ strategy, modeling, and keeping on display for reference throughout your lesson! No planning necessary and no more fumbling to find an example to model! Just read the teacher side and show the example side to kids. 74 tent cards are included in the following 4 categories:
- Print Concepts
- Comprehension & Monitoring
- Fluency & Expression
**Please note: The tent cards overlap with the tent cards in sets 2 and 3: I included them in all sets because they can be used across levels** However, this set originally had 40 cards and I've added 34 since then. If I create more, they will also be added to this set.
This bundle includes:
- Teacher Guide
- Organization & Storage guide with pictures
- Binder covers and tabs, card case covers, tent card tabs
- 10 warm-ups, 46 skill cards (includes 26 alphabet formation cards)
- 11 warm-ups, 36 skill cards
- 13 warm-ups, 56 skill cards
- 17 warm-ups, 48 skill cards
- 17 warm-ups, 56 skill cards
PLUS 16 Comprehension Skill cards to be used at any level
PLUS 74 Teacher tent cards with guided script on one side and student example side on other
PLUS editable sight word fluency box card- just type in your words
>>>Skills and Strategies Include:
•Left to right directionality
•1:1 Correspondence using pictures, letters, words, and sentences
•Letter vs. picture discrimination
•Reading decodable labels
•Blending CVC, CCVC, VCE, and digraphs
•Reading sentences with the above skills
•Sight word fluency
•Matching text to pictures
•Dialogue: Quotation marks
•Expression: Bold words
•Using Text Features
•Identifying Story Elements
•Fluency: Scooping phrases
•Reading -s, -ed and –ing endings
•Monitoring for understanding
**MUST SEE PREVIEW for comprehensive list and pictures**
Also available for the following levels:
**SAVE* with the Complete Set:
Want more Guided Reading Resources?
Email me at email@example.com
Want my FREE weekly teaching tips and access to my FREE resource library?
Sign up here: FREE Resource Library
Want to join like-minded teachers to learn and share ideas?
Join my Facebook group here: Tejeda's Tots K-1 Teacher Group
Want to Learn More?
Visit my blog here: Tejeda's Tots
Follow me on Social Media