The assignment includes:
- A detailed description of how to easily and successfully implement the Literacy Circle Jobs
- A description of my proven Reading Block Time Frame to help guide reading and activity time
- A ready-to-print hand out detailing the Literacy Circle Jobs
- Best practices on how to group students, and assign work based on independent reading level and general aptitude
- A fun and cooperative learning approach that helps your students improve their reading comprehension and test scores, while also cultivating your classroom community!
I’ve been implementing these literacy jobs for over 10 years to promote reading comprehension and engagement for my students. They love them! You can use the jobs in large or small groups, with whichever books you or your curriculum choose, and they can help you position your students in levels that will help them excel the most. The activity takes about 1 hour every day (or however often you have required individual reading) and helps students get through an average 7 books a year, using Fountas and Pinnell reading level books (levels P-W).
Message or email me with any questions!