In this packet, you will find daily lesson plans to help you guide a reading group in a level G book based on the Fountas and Pinnell Continuum. The lessons follow the before, during and after reading model of guided reading group meetings. Each day includes:
● A brief chapter summary to prompt the teacher on the assigned reading for each day
● A daily vocabulary word list that includes the page number of where the word can be found to assist teaching vocabulary in context
● A daily list of various text lay-out features with page numbers to prompt students what they will see in the text and how to read it.
● A suggested teaching point to teach that correlates with the daily reading assignment and book level according the Fountas and Pinnell Reading Continuum.
● Additional comprehension questions to guide discussions from the assigned chapters the students have read.
● A daily writing connection activity for students to journal into a reading response notebook that may be used to share in group time and/or assist with assessments. Each writing connection has a cut out slip that you may give to each student when they return to their seats for writing reflection time.