Guided Reading Checklist
I created this document to help me track my student’s progress during guided reading. Here is how I use the checklist:
1. Write the student’s name and date of reading in the top row
2. Have the child read a chosen text
3. Put a check mark or an X in the box for each “Fix-Up” strategy used during reading on the top half of the document
4. Record the comprehension strategies used on the bottom of the document
5. Use the columns to the right for the following reading/testing sessions
I have added blank space below the “Fix-up” strategy section and one on the bottom of the comprehension strategies section to add any of your own strategies for which you are looking.
The document has white space in the left margin to account for hole punches when adding to a binder.
I hope you find this checklist handy!
clipart purchased from www.scrappindoodles.com