Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
9.91 MB | 90 pages
These 15 guided reading mini-books and lessons are designed to serve as a “companion” for your students as they learn and practice effective reading strategies. Each mini-book supports a week-long study of a reading strategy and may be used with any text!
Each Practice Pal has the following 6-page format:
Cover (includes Essential Question)
Remember: Learn and think about key vocabulary.
Relate: Write how topic connects to what student already knows
Read and Practice Skill: Use the variety of graphic organizers to practice skill before, during, and after reading.
Respond: Answer essential question in reader’s own words based on what has been learned throughout the week.
* may be used with guided reading groups, for whole group instruction, even as a homework assignment for the week!
* are a great way to integrate reading and writing!
* are a handy way for students to organize guided reading lesson topics!
*promote critical thinking and meaningful application of learning!
* may be used as a formal assessment!
* allow students to have daily, concentrated practice on reading skills!
* may be used multiple times throughout the school year!
Guided Reading topics include:
Cause and Effect
Questioning the Text
Compare and Contrast
Monitor and Clarify
Please Note: This is a supplemental resource which does not include separate guided reading lesson plans or text suggestions. Each booklet is written as a lesson and is intended to support effective instruction. The booklets may be used with any text. Please see the preview for examples.
I hope you choose to download this product. If you do and find it helpful, please leave a great rating, follow me, and check out the other products in my store! Thank you!