This second grade guided reading bundle includes lessons and books for levels K-N. Also included are comprehension and writing resources, phonological awareness activities, phonics games, decoding strategy visuals, lesson plan templates, assessment resources, and more! (These materials can be used with any students at these guided reading levels, not just 2nd grade.)
Guided reading is a powerful instructional routine for teaching literacy, but planning for it can take a long time.
You want to keep things fresh for your students, but it's difficult to remember what activities you've already done with each group.
Sometimes you run out of ideas to engage your students. Sometimes you just aren't sure what to teach next.
This resource pack takes the tediousness and guesswork out of planning for guided reading!
It includes 1900 pages of resources that are clearly and carefully organized, so that you can find exactly what you need in a snap.
The materials in this resource pack will enable you to:
- Cut down on the amount of time you spend planning for guided reading
- Engage your students with a variety of meaningful activities
- Appropriately challenge your students and move them to higher reading levels
- Keep track of the skills you teach each student across time
- Learn more about what skills and strategies are essential for students whose instructional reading levels are K-N
Here's what's included:
- Clear instructions with a video
- 4 complete guided reading lessons and books for level K (for single sided or double sided printing)
- 4 complete guided reading lessons and books for level L (for single sided or double sided printing)
- 4 complete guided reading lessons and books for level M (for single sided or double sided printing)
- 4 complete guided reading lessons and books for level N (for single sided or double sided printing)
- Printable and editable lesson plan templates so you can make your own additional plans for your own books
- Running record forms, checklists, and anecdotal note forms for assessment
- Decoding and fluency strategy posters, menus, and cards for visually reinforcing strategies
- Comprehension prompts, questions, posters, and sentence starters for discussions
- Printable activities for teaching phonological awareness, phonics, and sight word skills (designed to minimize your prep time)
- Writing activities and resources
- Printable and editable forms to help you track the skills you teach each guided reading group
Please view the FREE preview file before you purchase!
Note: this is a bundle of my individual packs for Levels K-N. You can view each individual resource separately by using the links below:
The following bundles are also available (click on any link to view the bundle):
By: Learning At The Primary Pond with Ms Lilypad