Guided Writing Prompts | GOOGLE™ READY WITH GOOGLE SLIDES™ |
What educators are saying
Guided Writing Prompts- a differentiated approach to writing narrative, informational, and opinion stories
> > A NEW DISTANCE LEARNING GOOGLE READY VERSION FOR LEVEL 1 IS NOW INCLUDED! PLEASE VIEW *THIS* PREVIEW TO VIEW THE LEVEL 1 GOOGLE SLIDES VERSION! < <
What is the Guided Writing Prompts Packet?
This packet of 300 writing prompts is designed to offer a way for students to practice writing stories in a guided and differentiated format. The students will have the opportunity to work on multiple writing genres within this packet. This packet includes narrative, opinion, and informational writing genre prompts. These writing prompts can be used as part of your whole-group writing block and within the independent writing center as well.
View a detailed preview video of this packet ***HERE***
What is included in this packet?
- 100 narrative writing prompts (25 prompts with 4 levels of differentiation)
- 100 informational writing prompts (25 prompts with 4 levels of differentiation)
- 100 opinion writing prompts (25 prompts with 4 levels of differentiation)
What levels of differentiation are covered in the Guided Writing Prompts packet?
- Level One: allows students an opportunity to write a completely independent story. The students will write the independent story with the assistance of the picture prompt and the word bank words.
- Level Two: allows students an opportunity to write a guided story. The students will write the guided story with the assistance of the picture prompt, word bank words, and traceable sentence prompts. In this level the students will also write their own ending to the story (where the light bulb shows up on the sheet).
- Level Three: allows students an opportunity to write guided sentences. The students will trace each sentence and write in the missing word bank words for each sentence to make their own story.
- Level Four: allows students an opportunity to write guided sentences. The students will trace each sentence to form their own story.
**Please view the preview to see the prompts included! You can also download a free prompt with the four levels of differentiation by clicking the preview or HERE**
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to receive notifications for my newly released packets and upcoming sale? Be sure to FOLLOW ME here on TPT!
**Join my private Facebook Group to join fellow Pre-K, Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade teachers that use my curriculum! Collaborate, chat and share ideas with like-minded teachers! Join the private Facebook group H E R E!
Visit my blog Little Minds at Work
Follow me on Facebook