My guided writing products will lead you and your students through a step by step process resulting in a finished product! Each step prepares you for the next one.
This particular edition is will result in a book all about the history of the first Thanksgiving! I have my students complete this before Thanksgiving break so they can take it home and read it to their families on Thanksgiving Day!
What does this Thanksgiving book cover?
- Who were the pilgrims?
-Where did they come from?
-Where were they going?
-Why were they leaving England?
-What was it like on the Mayflower?
-What was it like when they came to America?
-Why did they have a Thanksgiving feast?
-Who came to the feast and what did they do?
There is a blank page that is perfect for adding a prayer or Bible verse. This is optional of course. I teach in a Lutheran school so this is how we close our Thanksgiving books.
How does guided writing work?
- You lead your class in research by reading trade books.
- Guide your class in taking notes about what they learned on their notes pages.
- This notes page is designed with a clear beginning, middle, and end.
- This will be used to develop the book.
-The students will create a first draft using the notes to answer provided questions.
- These questions provide a sensible sequence in the book.
- You can revise and edit the first drafts with your students.
- The children will be provided with a black-line clipart page to color. These can be cut out and glued down in the final book. Of course, they can add backgrounds and other details to illustrate their book.
- Your little authors can read their books to others.
Teaching with a Smile!