In only 2 days, my students are using gusta and gustan correctly!
This is a simple, basic introduction to gusta vs. gustan--originally designed for my Spanish I class in their very first chapter, but it also works for students later in the year.
Students use a step-by-step approach in which they have to show *WHY* they chose gusta or gustan in each sentence.
My students already know infinitives pretty well beforehand, so it usually only takes two 40-minute class periods to go through the notes and the practice activities.
Also included is my one-day lesson on how to add the extra prepositional phrases for clarity or emphasis, such as "A Julia le gusta..."
Gusta vs. Gustan Includes:
- PPT notes on gustan vs. gusta
- PPT notes review of "infinitives"
- 2 worksheets/printouts (2 double-sided pgs., 4 pgs. total)
- PPT slides accompanying the worksheets, with answers
Prepositional Phrases (a mi me gusta.../a ella le gusta...) Includes:
- PPT notes
- worksheet (1 pg. double-sided, 2 pgs. total)
- PPT slides accompanying worksheet activity
Uses vocabulary from the Avancemos 1 Unit 1.1 (Gusta+ infinitives), but the vocabulary is pretty universal. Editable documents are included so you can make changes if necessary.