A reading about two friends.
1. PRESENTATION: Students read the story individually, in pairs, small groups, or as a whole class.
2. ATTENTION: Ask students to identify every time a like is being expressed (highlight, underline, or circle).
3. ATTENTION: Ask students to then differently identify what’s being liked. (highlight, underline, or circle).
4. CO-CONSTRUCTION: Have students in small groups and pairs establish the rules for when to use GUSTA and when to use GUSTAR.
5. EXTENSION: Have students complete communicative activity 1 from Realidades 1 Ch.3A.