Gustavo the Shy Ghost Read Aloud and Activities | Halloween Craft Bulletin Board
Also included in
- Engage your students in a rigorous interactive read aloud with the books Room on the Broom, Creepy Carrots, Creepy Crayon!, The Hallow-Weiner, The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything, Stumpkin, Gustavo the Shy Ghost, and Bonaparte Falls Apart. Students will love the read alouds and be abPrice $20.00Original Price $32.00Save $12.00
- Engage your students in rigorous interactive read alouds with some of the best picture books for the primary classroom. Students will love the read alouds and be able to apply their depth of knowledge in the extension activities and writing prompts centered around each book's unique theme.This bundPrice $216.00Original Price $432.00Save $216.00
Your students will love diving into the story of Gustavo the Shy Ghost by Flavia Z. Drago and extending their knowledge with this interactive read aloud activity. Use these activities to let students think about what they will read and what they have read. They can also apply their thinking using writing prompts that match the theme of the story: making friends.
Grab these activities to have on hand to use during whole group read alouds or small group intervention. Students will love digging deeper in this fun text.
Gustavo the Shy Ghost by Flavia Z. Drago is an adorable Halloween and Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) story about being shy and making friends.
Includes a fully editable extension activity template in Google Slides! Includes slides for story maps, writing activities, and student instructions. The link to the template is on page 3 of the download.
Gustavo the Shy Ghost Interactive Read Aloud and Activities is a lesson plan for an interactive read aloud and writing activities for Gustavo the Shy Ghost by Flavia Z. Drago. Please note that the book is not included and is necessary to use this resource.
The interactive read aloud lesson plan is a one-page formatted lesson plan. It has a story synopsis to read as you introduce the book, interactive questions to read before, during, and after the story, the theme of the story, vocabulary words, and reading/writing extensions to work on after the read aloud. The interactive questions are also formatted for sticky notes so that you can place them throughout the book for your read aloud.
Now includes an adorable craft!
Included in this download is:
- lesson plan format notes
- interactive lesson plan for Gustavo the Shy Ghost by Flavia Z. Drago
- sticky note template
- interactive question sticky notes
- various writing paper for the writing prompts
- story maps
- coloring pages for story sequencing
- Google Slides™ templates for digital extension activities (12 slides total)
- 2-page writing craft in color and black-and-white
- mini-book for story sequencing
October Interactive Read Alouds:
Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds
The Hallo-Weiner by Dav Pilkey
Stumpkin by Lucy Ruth Cummins
Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman
The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda D. Williams
Gustavo the Shy Ghost by Flavia Z. Drago
Bonaparte Falls Apart by Margery Cuyler
How to get TpT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Below each purchase, you will see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credits that you can use towards future purchases! ☺