Learning the digraphs can be fun with this H Brother Digraph Unit. The H Brothers - Shawn, Whit, Theo and Charlie help your students connect to the digraphs.
THE UNIT INCLUDES:
• Color and B/W anchor charts about each H brother:
I print and laminate the color versions of each H brother to introduce the character. I give students the black and white version to take home and color.
• 10 page readers about each brother that include a variety of words that use the digraph:
I read the book with my students and use highlighters to find all the digraphs. Then, students can color the book.
• Mini-Book for each digraph:
Students can color the picture, trace the word, and color the digraph. The mini book helps students identify the digraph as a beginning or ending sound.
• Follow-up worksheets focusing on the digraph as a beginning or ending sound:
Students look at the picture and decide if the digraph is a beginning or ending sound. All of the wh words are beginning sounds.
• Follow-up worksheets focusing on rhyming words:
I use this worksheet to practice the digraphs and review rhyming words
• Worksheet to list digraphs:
I use this paper to list digraphs we found in the readers.
• Sound sort cut & paste:
This worksheet helps students distinguish the four digraphs.
• Color picture cards to be sorted:
I use these cards as a sound sorting literacy center. The cards are pictures with both the beginning sound and ending sound digraphs.
• Fill in the blank color picture cards:
I also use these cards in a literacy center. Students use foam letters to fill in the missing digraph.
Check out the preview for more details!
Check out the other members of the blends family! Save $3 with the Digraph and Blends Family Bundle!
The L Sisters: An L Blends Unit
The R Cousins: An R Blends Unit
The Digraph and Blend Family BUNDLE