Halloween Sight Word Game
- Dolch List 4 in a Row - is an excellent Literacy Centre Activity. It provides a SOCIAL & ENJOYABLE way to practice the Dolch sight word lists.
NB One Dolch List Included in the Preview
Essence of the Game:
Students place counters alternately on the game board and read the Dolch sight words. The winner is the first person to get 4 of their counters to line up horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
- Print this board and laminate it.
- One die (yes die is the singular, dice is the plural)
- Coloured counters for each player e.g. Player 1 = red Player 2 = green.
How to Play:
1. Roll the die.
2. Read a sight word with the same number as the die.
3. Place one coloured counter on the number fact if read correctly.
4. The winner is the one to have 4 in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Tips and Hints:
• This game works best as a two player game.
• Can be played without a die - children just choose words.
• Try playing best of three plays – this helps to reinforce sight word vocabulary.
• Rules can be adapted to get children to spell the word.
Included in the Download:
Dolch Lists 2 to 11
1 Blank Board
1 set of Game Rules
Please Note: This game is included in my MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includedsALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)