HALLOWEEN IS SCARY! Book for Beginners (3 versions)
Each of the following 3 versions contain 14 pages plus a cover/title page:
1. A version with adjectives on every page. For example, "I see a black cat" and "I see a mean witch".
2. A slightly simpler version with fewer adjectives. For example, "I see a witch" instead of "I see a mean witch".
3. A version for children to complete by filling in the blanks with the appropriate words from a list at the back of the booklet!
You are invited to download the FREE preview first, by clicking on the "Download Preview" button! The preview includes...
1. Two pages from the booklet with adjectives on every page
2. Instructions for assembling the booklets
This is another simple book designed to spark an interest in reading in young children (from 4 to 6 years old). I have also used these with older children who have special needs. Through reading and rereading these books, students can pick up some important reading concepts:
1. reading makes sense
2. letters make sounds
3. words are combinations of letters
4. stories are combinations of words
5. left to right and top to bottom directionality
6. one-to-one correspondence (word to print)
NOTE: All of the pictures in these booklets are public domain images from the internet and not original illustrations.