Also included in
- What are Anytime Tubs?Hands-on math and literacy activities that can be used independently at any time during the day.Why is hands on learning important?"Kids learn through all their senses," says Ben Mardell, PhD, a researcher at Harvard University, "and they like to touch and manipulate things."$33.00$44.00Save $11.00
What are Anytime Tubs?
Hands-on math and literacy activities that can be used independently at any time during the day.
Why is hands on learning important?
"Kids learn through all their senses," says Ben Mardell, PhD, a researcher at Harvard University, "and they like to touch and manipulate things." But more than simply moving materials around, hands-on activities activate kids' brains. According to Cindy Middendorf, educational consultant and author of The Scholastic Differentiated Instruction Plan Book (Scholastic, 2009), between the ages of four and seven, the right side of the brain is developing and learning comes easily through visual and spatial activities.
*****This product is on sale at the discounted price for a limited time.*********
When should I use them?
Anytime Tubs can be used anytime during the day. They can be used for Morning Work, Center Stations, or Fast Finishers. Differentiated so that students can use them to practice counting and one to one correspondence, addition with two addends, addition with three addends, subtraction. Optional exit tickets include skills such as tally marks, comparing numerals, recording equations, graphing. Optional writing templates are also included. SO MANY CHOICES and open ended ways to use this resource.
There are work mats included for all year long!
- 217 Work mats each mat is differentiated for 3 levels of play easy, medium, and challenging (see preview). So there are a total of 651 work mats.
- 7 different spinners that can be used for counting, addition, and subtraction
- 12 different Math Exit tickets so that kids can record their learning
- 8 Writing templates
View the preview for more detailed information
What work mats are included?
- Uppercase alphabet letters
- Lowercase alphabet letters
- Numeral mats from 0-30
- Winter theme mats: hot chocolate, penguin, winter hat, winter tree, pinecone, snowflake
- America theme mats: Statue of Liberty, bald eagle, fireworks, firecracker, star 1, star 2, star 3
- Spring theme mats: bee, bird, birdhouse, blossom, bug, umbrella, watering can, tulip
- Summer theme mats: anchor, crab, sandcastle, sailboat, fish, ice cream cone
- Fall theme mats: apple, acorn, leaf, corn, owl, pumpkin
- Farm animals: cat, cow, horse, donkey, chicken, dog, duck, turkey
- Forest animals: fox, bear, deer, mouse, owl, porcupine, wolf
- Zoo animals: giraffe, elephant, lion, gorilla, monkey, peacock, rhino
- Transportation theme mats: helicopter, hot air balloon, jet, rocket, bicycle, bus, car, dump truck, train, scooter, sailboat, steamboat, submarine
- 11 mosaic mats
- 8 repeating pattern mats
- Halloween theme: bat, spider, spider web, haunted house, witch's shoe
- Thanksgiving theme: cornucopia, corn, turkey, Mayflower
- Christmas theme: Christmas tree, holly berries, wreath, ornament 1, ornament 2, reindeer
- New Year's Eve: balloon, fireworks, New Year's eve ball, party hat 1, party hat 2, party hat 3, noisemaker
- Valentine's Day theme: heart, cupid, key, ring, rose
- St. Patrick's Day theme: leprechaun, pot of gold, four leaf clover, rainbow
- Easter theme: bunny, basket, basket 2, chocolate bunny, egg 1, egg 2, chick
- Earth Day theme: Earth, recyle, plastic bottle, globe, plant
- Cinco de Mayo theme: cactus 1, cactus 2, maraca, chili pepper, guitar
Check out the snap cubes version: