HANDWRITING Begins Here ~ Capitals First! ~ Explicit Instruction Uppercase
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Get all the best of Print Path for your Grade level at a great discount, 30% off! 2017 UPDATE with two new products added!1. Capital Wall Cards for PreschoolLetter cards are used to promote phonics development, letter identification, and proper letter formation. The use of realistic images and siPrice $24.85Original Price $35.50Save $10.65
- Handwriting practice that your students will LOVE! Get all the best of Print Path for your Grade level at a great discount! UPDATED YEARLY Kindergarten handwriting skills for writing fluency MegaBundle, 30% off when purchased in this bundle. 1. CAPITALS FIRST! Book one. A best seller, 4/4 ★★★★,Price $18.55Original Price $26.50Save $7.95
- Occupational Therapy, Special Education and Homeschool MegaBundle, 30% off when purchased in this bundle. Handwriting instruction superstars! Print Path's innovations include Go-Dots, Gray-Boxes, and Simple Arrows that inform rather than confusing learners. Best practices include research-based metPrice $46.17Original Price $65.96Save $19.79
- Interactive Virtual TasksINTERACTIVE Capital Formations with Lines & Curves #1: These drag-and-drop activities use lines and curves for building letter identification and formation skills. Slides can be used during your virtual classroom with adult support or by students working independently.Price $15.79Original Price $22.56Save $6.77
- I have bundled together over 120 resources that I developed over the past 10 years. Based on my 29 years of clinical experience, I chose these tried-and-true tools for school-based or private practice pediatric OTs working in a variety of settings, including virtual, in-home, clinic-based, and schooPrice $355.99Original Price $568.81Save $212.82
Quality handwriting instruction involves more than providing letter worksheets. If you have been giving dashed-line alphabetical-order handwriting worksheets to your students, consider upgrading your handwriting instruction to include research-based best practices. A succinct scope is shared in the Teachers Guide, which is included with the CAPITALS FIRST practice book. Letters are specifically sequenced to help children use skills they already have to learn new letters.
Capital letters are made with lines and curves and teaching capital formations is the perfect way to begin instruction so that your children learn to start letter formations at the top. Print Path letter font is compatible with Handwriting Without Tears materials but allows your children to learn formations on the three-lined paper they are most likely to encounter.
• Teachers Guide with research-based practices outlined.
• Practice book with CAPITAL letters grouped and sequenced in a developmental order.
• Structured Sheets provide phonics and reading connections.
• Gray boxes and go dots serve to help children learn correct motor memory.
• Path of movement language used to teach and help your children recall letter formations. Formation directions use simple directional words [ e.g., down, up, across] that are especially helpful for English Language Learners, and children with disabilities.
Research has shown that children are not ready to form lowercase letters until they can form a square and an X. [Benbow, Hanft, & Marsh, 1992; Beery & Beery, 2010; Daly, Kelley, & Krauss 2003; Marr, Windsor, & Cermak, 2001] We do not want to have children write in lowercase before they are ready as letters that are consistently practiced incorrectly are embedded into motor memory and will lead to future legibility problems.
PrintPath uses its own font that more closely resembles Handwriting Without Tears than Zaner-Bloser or D'Nealian. Letters have a vertical alignment, they do not push off the writing line, and it is visually evident that lowercase letters are mostly made with single strokes. Print Path has its own distinct curriculum with scope, sequence, visual cues, verbal path of movement language, and multisensory methods. If you are looking for the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum follow this link.
For utilization of other research based best practices for handwriting instruction, you may be interested in this sequence of handwriting instruction:
Capitals First!: Book One [PreSchool / Kindergarten]
Capitals First!: Book Two [PreSchool / Kindergarten]
Numbers Next Bundle [PreSchool]
Numbers Next Practice Book [Kindergarten]
Lowercase at Last!: Book One [Kindergarten/ First Grade]
Lowercase at Last!: Book Two [Kindergarten/ First Grade]
Winged Writers [First Grade / Second Grade]
Second Grade Scores or Handwriting Superstars [Second - Third Grade]
Raise the Roof [Third – Fifth Grade]
CAPITALS FIRST! can be purchased at a discount in
Preschool Writing Readiness and Handwriting MegaBundle or
Kindergarten Handwriting Skills for Wring Fluency MegaBundle or
Occupational Therapy & Special Education Handwriting MegaBundle .
*************** Teacher Testimonials ****************
✪ I've already seen great improvement since using this! Thank you!
✪ This is great! I'm a special educator and have a handful of students who are not receiving OT services yet but will really benefit from practicing their letters. Thanks!
✪ We do each page 2-3 times and do 1-2 pages a day! It's great morning work!
✪ This is perfect for our Work on Writing folders for the beginning of the year to reinforce our HWT instruction. Thank you!
✪ Very well designed program! I love the way the letters are broken into sections based on their strokes.
✪ Excellent, well-designed program both for school and home.
✪ Love the combination of HWT and traditional "hat line, belt line, and shoe line." Students have been responding very well!
✪ This is EXACTLY what I've wanted for the last few years teaching with HWT. It's so hard to transition to the dotted midline paper, but this solves my headache!! Thank you!!!
✪ The only handwriting I use!
✪ Wonderful product. I bought to see if I'd like it well enough to buy one of the bundles. Now I wish I would have just bought the bundle where this is already included! Love this print and go product.
✪ These have helped my students tremendously! Thank you!
✪ My students enjoy doing handwriting!
✪ Beautifully laid out, and I love the use of conventional lines. Thank you.
✪ Added this as a supplement for my students. It has short, easy worksheets that reinforce what is in the Winged Writer book. Plus my kindergartner, my son, will just love how easy he can learn to form his letters without any fuss or tears. Another great addition to my handwriting curriculum. Thank you.
✪ Very excited to work at home with my daughter to reinforce her school's HWT program
✪ Handwriting Without Tears is a fantastic program, but it desperately needs supplemental materials. I searched all over and found your products at last. THANK YOU for an excellent supplement!
✪ So glad I got this for my class this year. They loved the handwriting sheets and even though it was the same activity every day they felt like it was something new.
✪ I've been using this for my special ed/ELL/and hearing impaired 8 year old student. I have found it to be very helpful. She still needs some physical prompts, but the verbal cues are simple and less confusing than some other verbal prompts I have found in other writing programs.
✪ Thank you SO much for creating this! I was so relieved to find an affordable alternative to handwriting without tears. My students are doing really well with your curriculum, and I can already see huge improvements in their writing! Wonderful product!!
Freebies and Discounts!
Follow PrintPath on TeachersPayTeachers.com to stay updated on discounts and freebies. New products will be offered for free on occasion or discounted at up to 50% for the first 24 hours.
Comments... Love 'Em!!
Your feedback brightens my day and helps me to continually improve PrintPath products. If you download this product, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment. Thanks!!
Unlimited copies for you and your students. However, you may not distribute additional copies to friends or fellow teachers.