First Strokes Multi-sensory Cursive Handwriting Program - BUILDING LICENSE AND PROGRAM. Perfect for TPT for Schools! Teach cursive handwriting where students can be successful. Designed by an occupational therapist, Jan McCleskey, MA, OTR. First Strokes Cursive Handwriting Program has been used for years in schools. Now it is in a digital format on TPT. Two ways to purchase this program.
1. This file is a building license which will allow the files to be shared for use by staff within one building. A district would need to purchase a building license for each school.
2. Individual license - allows an individual to copy the program for student use within their class, tutoring agency or therapy clinic.
First Strokes Cursive Program is based on grouping the letters by the First Stroke. There are only four "First Stroke" groups in the lower case program! This helps students pattern and sequence letters correctly.
The program also teaches the visual discrimination needed to draw each component of the letters correctly.
The program has teaching modules, with additional printable practice pages. To complete the letters within each module,
1. Do large motor learning practice
2. Medium motor in giant wipe off handwriting lines that come with program.
3, Small motor in workbook.
4. Generalize to practicing on adapted notebook paper (cursive ruled paper) (purchased separately)
An integral part of this program, is the small motor practice on the adapted notebook paper. This paper can be purchased through the School Specialty or Classroom Direct catalog. In the catalog, it is called "cursive ruled paper". This paper helps students generalize their new cursive skills to the paper, which helps to keep a consistency of size of letters. This program works well for ages 2nd grade and above.
First Strokes handwriting programs include:
First Strokes Preschool Program - aged 3 1/2 - 4
First Strokes Multi-sensory Handwriting Program - ages pre-k - kindergarten
First Strokes Advanced Print Handwriting Program
Other digital handwriting programs on TPT!
First Strokes Print Legibility Program (2nd - 5th grade)
First Strokes Print Legibility Program (teens - adults)
First Strokes Cursive Program
First Strokes Keyboarding Program