HASS - History // Family | Foundation and Year 1
HASS Family activities and printables pack!
Designed specifically for Australian Teachers!!!
A collection of various HASS activities to use when studying the 'family / history' component of HASS in foundation or Year 1 or when learning about 'families' in Kindergarten.
In this pack there are a range of activities to help children develop their understanding of :
• Family structures (e.g. nuclear, single, large, extended, blended)
• Family roles and responsibilities (focusing on different family members)
• Family roles and responsibilities (past and present comparisons)
• Family trees (multiple versions)
• Family celebrations
• Growing and changing - from baby to adult (sequencing sets and printable).
• Families - past and present and changes through time.
To encourage and support play based learning, this HASS 'family' history pack also includes
• family word wall printables to place in the dramatic play centre, writing corner or four a class display (two font versions included)
• growing and changing sequencing sets (from baby to grandparent),
• spoon puppet pictures,
• a family memory game and more!
While this pack is intended to be used to supplement your HASS History program, it is not intended to be a complete sequential unit and should be modified accordingly to suit your student’s needs.
There are different versions available to cater for student needs, teaching preferences and a child’s developmental level. Please select the activities/printables that best suit your students needs.
Some of the printables are left open ended, with the title 'my family' to allow you to use them flexibly during an area of focus e.g. family celebrations, family history, family holidays, family roles etc.
This version is in A4 and contains Australian English spelling. A modified US version will be uploaded soon as a separate document.
You may also like these other activity packs
★ Lost and Found Book Companion
★ Earth Day Math Center Printables
★ Earth Day Literacy Center Printables
★ Thelma the Unicorn Literacy Center Printables
★ Macca The Alpaca Literacy Center Printables
★ Fun Easter Math Centre Printables
★ Fine Motor Fun Activity Pack for Easter
★ Very Cranky Bear Literacy Fun Pack
★ Little Red Hen Makes A Pizza Literacy Pack
★ Art Elements For Kids
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions or are after a specific resource, I’d love to hear from you!
With thanks, Ness X
For other fun ideas to do with early childhood children you can check out my blog HERE
or you can follow me on Pinterest HERE