A comprehensive Year 3 History (HASS) resource that specifically addresses the following ACARA outcomes:
- Why people participate within communities and how students can actively participate and contribute (ACHASSK072)
* identifying groups in the local community or through a virtual community and exploring their purpose
* exploring how they could participate in a school or community project
* investigating an individual’s contribution and why it was recognised
* exploring the motivations of people who have contributed to communities
This product includes a vibrant PowerPoint (in PDF format too) and three activities explaining communities and participation in student friendly language. Slides contain photographs and fun activities to consolidate learning along the way. Specifically, slide contents include the following:
1: Discussion prompt - what is a community?
2-4: 'Communities' defined
5-10: Different types of communities and why people participate in them
11-12: Local area communities
*13-16: Helping in our local communities ACTIVITY - students complete daily challenges of helping out in their school community
*17-19: Community helpers in our local area ACTIVITY - an interview with a helper
*20-21: Reflection: ACTIVITY - student questions
**The following slides have accompanying worksheets/activities to complete!