Everyone needs a little HELP from time to time! Use these as an excellent way to reinforce positive behavior!! See them as student-cash, and the best way to spend that cash is on just what students need.
Student choice means that students can use them in 1 of 3 ways:
(1) Redeem for an extra 1 day on an homework assignment
(2) Redeem for a trip to the bathroom during an appropriate time in class
(3) Turn in at the END of the semester for 10pts of extra credit (3 max per semester)
By allowing students the choice in how they use them puts the control back in their hands, thus reinforcing the importance they hold within your classroom.
How do students earn them?! Through positive actions of course!
Here are some suggestions on when to hand them out to students:
- 100% score on a quiz.test
- Morning warm-up answer correct
- On-task behavior in class
- Excellent work on an assignment
- Helping others in class
- Helping clean up after a project
And many other ways in which you can reinforce positive behaviors in your classroom.