Aim: Taking inquiry deeper by exploring the hidden complexities through language
• There are specialized words connected to different topics that explain and share important information.
• Exploring the world and interacting with others will introduce us to new words and lead to new understandings
• Understand that words have a history and this can affect the form and meaning of a word.
• Words are connected to other words and their meaning can influence the spelling.
Subject links: Spelling and vocabulary development, social studies- history
Included in the resource:
• Key vocabulary cards
• Definition cards
• Word families and synonyms
• Related affixes or base words
• Mind maps for expanding ideas
A good resource for supporting differentiation, student choice in concept based inquiry. Let your students chose the word that most interests them or is connected to personal research on the topic.