For "from Hiroshima" - either the first chapter if you are reading the novel, or for the stand-alone story that is included in many anthologies - here is a Close Reading lesson. Included are:
- Map with background information,
- Teacher's Suggestions to use with students as they read,
- First Impressions handout,
- Close Reading questions for all four of the personal vignettes from the story,
- Discussion/Writing topic for referring back to another disaster,
- Illustration Assignment.
Please see Preview for two sample pages of some of the Close Reading worksheets.
I sell many other short story units including these:
WHERE HAVE YOU GONE, CHARMING BILLY
THE NOTORIOUS JUMPING FROG OF CALAVERAS COUNTY
which includes a simplified text of the story