This is a zipped file including 22 vocabulary activities to go with the Houghton Mifflin reading program. Each activity has 6 words and their definitions on the first page. Then there are some matching practice problems on the top of the second page. On the bottom of the page are several cloze sentences. Here are the titles and the vocabulary words that they cover.
1. Across the Wide Dark Sea: streamed, survive, weary, scarcely, desperate, and settlement
2. Anthony Reynoso: exhibition, rodeo, tourist, ceremony, performers, and expert
3. Dancing Rainbows: grace, imitate, respectful, honor, arid, and aromatic.
4. Lost and Found: rumpled, furious, plunged, visible, dismay, and examined.
5. Dogzilla: indebted, conjure, confide, resist, harvested, and method
6. Garden of Abdul Gasazi: convince, discovered, detested, impossible, incredible, and exhausted.
7. Harvey Potter's Balloon Farm: indebted, conjure, confide, resist, harvested, and method
8. Mulan: lugged, scrawny, clung, scouted, anxious, and beamed
9. Night of the Pufflings: ventured, stranded, roaming, instinctively, releases, and journey
10. Pepita Talks Twice: grumbled, darted, nuzzled, ducked, mumbled, and stubborn
11. Popas New Pants: uproar, troubling, draped, snatched, mustered, and stumbled
12. President's day: tapering, delivery, justice, celebrate, joyous, and honor
13. Raising Dragons: opinion, stillness, whimper, tended, fate, and departing
14. Ramona Quimbly: dismal, indignant, relented, pry, genuine, and obediently
15. Seal Surfer: deserted, basked, wrenched, elated, reflection, and sensation
16. The Mysterious Giant Barletta: bellowed, scurried, mysterious, colossal, destroyed, and panic
17. The Talking Cloth: symbols, royalty, flourish, collector, offended, and grubby
18. The Waterfall: lugged, scrawny, clung, scouted, anxious, and beamed
19. Trapped By The Ice: delay, tremble, swallowed, burst, lunged, and grueling
20. Two days in May: solemn, territory, protested, startled, appreciate, and population
21. What Turkeys Eat For Thanksgiving: strutting, protection, custom, ordinary, glimpse, and unfortunate
22. Yunmi and Hamoni's Trip: bundle, embraced, bustling, vendor, outskirts, and ashamed
You have the right to use my materials for your classroom. You do not have permission to alter, post, share, publish, or resell my work in any form.