Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our Holes Unit Teaching Bundle has 204+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
NOVEL: HOLES by Louis Sachar
LEVEL: 5th - 9th
TOTAL: 204 slides/pages in lesson plan unit
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit:
♥ Awesome resource that I purchased last year and am about to use it again this year at the new school I am teaching at! Thank you so much!
♥ This is the complete package. I don't use everything for my 5th graders, but I like that I can pick and choose. Thank you. I have several of your units.
♥ Just completed the novel with my 6th graders and loved having everything at my fingertips. Thanks for all the work you put into this.
♥ After quickly reviewing the materials, I am most impressed. I plan to use them for summer school and I am very excited! I especially love the quick reads! Thank you for your hard work that you put in to this unit. It's a great story and I can't wait to use the materials!
♥ Excellent! Used it with a group of students with disabilities!
♥ Excellent resource. Very thorough and a huge time saver. Thanks!
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
* Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit.
* Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities in the classroom.
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 11-page activity
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer & suggested answer key
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-page organizer & suggested answer key
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 4-page organizer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 50-question PowerPoint
- a 5-question pop quiz per 5 chapters
- 22-slide PowerPoint
- 20-pages of Printables
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- 90 vocabulary words from the novel
- three 30-question quizzes
- 12-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer key
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 58 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 4-page worksheet
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Irony
··· Symbols Analyzer
- analyze 6 key symbols / motifs specific to the novel
- 1-page organizer
··· Essay and Speech
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
- 2-page Worksheet
- Students compare & contrast the movie and novel
*** 204 pages / slides total in lesson plan unit ***
Enjoy Holes! You have only one life, make the most of it!
»»» OTHER HOLES AWESOMENESS
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY:
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
»»» POETRY UNITS:
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!