showing 1-5 of 15 products
- Bundle Description
Your learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity of our engaging activities built from best teaching practices. We want to make your lesson planning journey easy, so you can focus on your expertise. This novel study includes a curriculum map pacing guide that offers our day-by-day suggestion for how to plan out your weeks of lessons. Our pedagogy section explains the instructive idea behind the activity, gives ideas for implementation, and aligns it to the standards. We've filmed some training videos on (1) how to assemble a Novel Analysis Packet that is unique to the academic needs of your learners and (2) how to effectively use our Quickwrite writing prompts.
TEXT: HOLES by Louis Sachar
LEVEL: 5th - 9th
TOTAL: 204 slides/pages in lesson plan unit
→ Pacing Guide and Suggested Answer Keys included
Enjoy! You have only one life, make the most of it!
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS LITERATURE RESOURCE
♥ Awesome resource that I purchased last year and am about to use it again this year at the new school I am teaching at! Thank you so much!
♥ This is the complete package. I don't use everything for my 5th graders, but I like that I can pick and choose. Thank you. I have several of your units.
♥ Just completed the novel with my 6th graders and loved having everything at my fingertips. Thanks for all the work you put into this.
♥ After quickly reviewing the materials, I am most impressed. I plan to use them for summer school and I am very excited! I especially love the quick reads! Thank you for your hard work that you put in to this unit. It's a great story and I can't wait to use the materials!
♥ Excellent! Used it with a group of students with disabilities!
♥ Excellent resource. Very thorough and a huge time saver. Thanks!
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS
→ Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit
→ Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities
→ Meets Common Core Standards
→ Easy to differentiate for different learning levels: Honors, 2nd language learners, and Sped
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 11-page activity
- analyze the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page analyzer& suggested answer key
- analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-page analyzer & suggested answer key
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 4-page analyzer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 50-question slideshow
- a 5-question pop quiz per 5 chapters
- 22-slide slideshow
- 20-pages of Printables
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- 90 vocabulary words from the novel
- three 30-question quizzes
- 12-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer key
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 58 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 4-page activity
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Irony
- analyze 6 key symbols / motifs specific to the novel
- 1-page analyzer
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
- 2-page activity
- Learners compare & contrast the movie and novel
OTHER HOLES LEGENDS
OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY
→ We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
→ Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!