Looking for Holidays Around the World activities? Teach your students close reading strategies
with these close reading passages to learn how countries from around the world celebrate the holidays. These Holidays Around the World activities
are sure to develop students love of reading? Use these close reading passages and close reading strategies to teach students how to gain information from text. These Christmas activities are a great way to engage your students!
SAVE BIG WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF A BUNDLE: Christmas Activities Bundle
Who is This Product For?
Teachers who need engaging close reading passages and strategies to excite their students using a Holidays Around the World theme.
What is included in this Unit?
This packet includes a 32-page pdf file that includes:
* Ideas for teaching close reading strategies
* Bookmarks for students
* Tools needed for teaching close reading strategies along with close reading passages
* Close reading poster
* Ideas for first, second, and third reading
* Conversion chart for grades 2nd-4th grade reading levels
* Graphic organizers for close reading passages
* Links to online articles about Christmas Around the World countries to assist in synthesizing information from text
* 7 leveled close reading passages about the following countries:
Also passages about Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.
These Holidays Around the World activities and close reading strategies are designed to help you implement this close reading unit with confidence and ease.