For direct instruction and review, or for learning centers, here are lessons and practice for using homophones correctly. As listed in both the Common Core by grade level and also on their Progressive Language skills, homophone usage is an important skill for students. CCSS-ELA-4.1g
- teacher directions
- three pages of board notes with lessons
- two student practice worksheets ANSWERS INCLUDED
- a glossary of common homophones
- three paragraphs of a story to proofread (with answers) for homophone errors
- and directions for students to continue the story independently
Two HOMOPHONE posters included.
See Preview for a sample worksheet.