Interactive Notebook Activities for Non-fiction of HMH Collections 2 Grade 6:
How Smart Are Animals? COLLECTIONS pages 105-116
"Can Animals Feel and Think?" and "Bats!" CLOSE READER pages 25-34
Lesson plans include the Common Core State Standards as well as a listing of lessons and activities
These activities include:
1. Writing an Anecdote about an experience with an intelligent animal
2. Three Vocabulary Activities with keys for How Smart are Animals selection
3. Pronoun Notes and Key
4. Determining Author's Purpose Notes with Key and Writing Assignment
5. How to Summarize using Cornell Notes
6. How Smart are Animals Cornell Notes page
7. "Can Animals Feel and Think?" Cornell Notes Page
8. "Bats!" Cornell Notes Page
10. Performance Task B from pages 133-135 in HMH Writing an Expository Essay Brainstorm Page
11. Guided Writing for Performance Task B Expository Essay on How Animals Exhibit Intelligence
Most lessons and activities in 7 X 9 format to fit composition notebooks.
Lessons prepared by 21 year veteran Language Arts teacher with ESE and ESOL certifications.
Great compliment to other Teach2Write Products here on TPT.