A very informative set of instructions for how to write an Argument Essay, with emphasis on starting the essay and HOW TO write the INTRO. Can be used as a complete mini-lesson w/ multiple activities!
This set includes:
1. Guided Notes Includes:
-common argument-writing terms
- the parts of an argument essay
-detailed components of the argument introduction & formula for the Thesis Sentence
-Color-coded answer key
2. A sample introduction - Mini-lesson activity with a sample prompt that can be used during direct whole group or small-group instruction requiring students to locate, label and highlight/color-code the parts of the introduction, leading students to understand that a finished intro should be 'colorful' and include all necessary components. Answer KEY included!
3. Pre-writing organizers that provide a starting point for writing an argument essay. Included two organizers:
- An Opinion Web (aiding students in selecting the claim/argument that they have the most support for)
- Space for preliminary thesis statement
- Fill-in-the-blank outline with space for reasons from the opinion web & supporting examples.
Very helpful for providing students with a 'How To' for this type of writing assignment, as well as providing a resource that can be used within an interactive notebook as students learn how to write.