"appShell" is a collection of simple PHP scripts I use in a course called "Advanced Information Technology". Its purpose is to help students get their first web application up and running by giving them a skeleton of a web site that works. It is also intended to be model of code they can edit and re-use throughout the site.
These scripts are all tested and fully functional. However, they REQUIRE a web server to function. Students need some facility with HTML,CSS, PHP, and SQL queries.
The following are the product contents:
1. (5) empty folders to teach organization: css, js, resources, setup, images
2. a very basic .css file in the css folder
3. (11) php scripts: a home page, a login and logout functionality illustrating cookie setting, a registration form that is fully functional once the database has been set up, a generic form that does not connect to database yet,. an admin control page, a SQL config.php page.
4. a setup folder with 3 PHP scripts: one for creating a table of users (includes model of hashing passwords), one for viewing a table, one for dropping a table.
5. (2) PowerPoint slideshow tutorials
This set of scripts is for advanced students who have some programming experience. Once students have a web server and access to a SQL database, they just need to extract and upload these files to their public_html web server space and everything works out of the box.