Financial Literacy for high school students all year long.
This packet contains 280 Personal Finance Conversation Starter cards
that are designed to get students talking about personal finance. A PowerPoint of the cards is also included.
A REVISED VERSION OF THIS LESSON WILL BE POSTED THIS WEEKEND - SATURDAY, JANUARY 14, 2017.
In responding to the questions, students bring their own unique perspectives and life experiences to the table and learn from each other. You never know where the conversation will lead, and that makes it all the more exciting. There are really no right or wrong answers. All students need to do to be successful is to explain the reasoning behind their answers.
Just imagine your students discussing topics like...
* If your parents had a serious money problem would you want them to tell you about it or would you rather not know?
* If you had to choose, would you rather be a rich teenager or a rich adult?
* If you could see all of the money problems that you will face in the future, how would that change things now?
* If you could tweet one statement about money that you knew everyone would read, what would you say?
* At what age, and under what conditions, should young adults get their first credit card?
You’ll be amazed at what kids have to say about money!
Conversation starters can be used...
* as a warm-up
* for small group discussion
* for whole class discussion
* for journal writing
I have also included ideas for class projects.
This packet includes:
A 280 page PowerPoint of the cards for whole class viewing.
280 printable Personal Finance Conversation Starter cards
* 4 cards on a Page
* Actual Card Size 5 x 3 ½
* Print on 8 1/2 X 11 Paper
The conversation starters are questions on a wide range of personal finance topics including...
* credit card debt
* interest rates
* interests, ambitions and goals
* career choices
* starting a business
* the global economy
* job loss
* internet scams
* cost of health care
* and a bunch more
*Aligned with National Personal Finance Standards
Please provide feedback and follow me for upcoming freebies and sales!
Thank you for choosing Personal Finance for Teens Unleashed!
Check out my blog at...Personal Finance for Teens Unleashed Blog
Keywords: Lesson Plans, Cooperative Learning, Projects, Activities, Fun Stuff, Printables