A lesson presentation that presents teaching and learning resources on hyphens and dashes.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Gain understanding of hyphens and dashes.
- List the rules of hyphens and dashes.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of hyphens and dashes in writing.
This Resource Includes:
- Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Objectives and Outcomes
- Vocabulary Overview - Hyphen, Dash, Em Dash, En Dash, Punctuation
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video - Hyphens vs Dashes
- Engaging and Creative Lesson Starter – Think Pair Share
- Success Criteria - Hyphens and Dashes Checklist
- Scaffolding Notes - Hyphens and Dashes Rules
- Collaborative Group Tasks – Pair-Share, Think-Write, Write-Share
- Mini-Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – 2 Online Quizzes
- Assessment Criteria for Outcome Expectations - Rubrics
- Differentiated Activities for Level Learners - Writing Task by Outcome
- Extensions to Challenge the High Achievers - Worksheet
- Plenary to Assess Learning Outcomes - Pick a Box
- Home Learning for Reinforcement – 4 Worksheets with Answers
- Common Core Standards - ELA-LITERACY.L.5.2a/6.2a/8.2a/W.8.4
- Skills to be addressed during the Lesson - Social and Cognitive
- Educational Tools and Resources - Adverbs, Verbs, Adjectives, Connectives
Teachers can use this resource to teach the students to use punctuation in writing, thereby helping them to enhance their reading, vocabulary, language, and writing skills.
For a detailed lesson of the same topic you may refer to:
HYPHEN AND DASH LESSON
Here are some other possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: