This resource covers the integral, surface and deep features of hyphens and dashes. It contains full-on activities and assessments to cover the skills of literacy in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. It includes everything you need to get going with punctuation in your classroom.
Teachers can use this to enhance the language and writing skills of the learners, especially the technique needed to demonstrate the correct usage of hyphens and dashes in writing.
This Resource Includes:
1. Detailed Lesson Plan
2. Punctuation Rubrics
3. 10 Rules of Hyphens
4. Hyphens with Prefixes and Suffixes
5. 3 Rules of Dashes
6. Punctuation Table
7. Worksheets with Answers (4 Exercises)
• Recall the punctuation table.
• Define hyphens and dashes.
• Review the rules of hyphens and dashes.
• Explore the usage of hyphens and dashes
• Punctuate sentences using hyphens and dashes.