Five resources for teaching and reviewing the verb haber!
This download includes five downloads in one and all of the materials focus on the teaching and practice of the verb in its most common form, "hay." Here is what the folder contains:
1) A powerpoint that I use to help my students review the verb "haber" and items in the classroom. The first part of the powerpoint asks students to translate phrases with "hay," "cuántos hay," "qué hay," etc. The verb "llevar" also appears in these slides. The last slides ask students to talk about what different classrooms in their school have.
2) A worksheet that introduces students to the verb haber in the form "hay." It shows how to make "there is" and "there are" statements with the verb as well as how to ask questions. Finally, the worksheet gives students the chances to practice by translating three sentences. For additional practice, see other downloads on my page.
3) A worksheet that asks students to compose complete sentences using the verb "hay." All items and locations are indicated for the six example sentences. Students are also asked to translate the sentences.
4) A translation exercise: students translate 8 sentences from English to Spanish. All sentence use beginner level vocabulary and require students to use the verb "hay."
5) ¿Qué hay en la clase? exercise: this exercise is intended to help students practice classroom vocabulary as well as the verb hay (haber). Use this exercise as a handout or project it as a group activity.
All products are listed individually as well.
Thanks for looking at this product and for supporting teachers!