Students will learn about different types of habitats, and choose one to study.
- brainstorm and record examples of habitats
- research life species of habitats, then illustrate two habitats and some of their inhabitants
- choose a habitat, describe its location, list some species that inhabit it
- identify what the habitat provides and explain how it meets the needs of inhabitants
- describe special adaptations of some life forms there
- organize and display research in a visual display
- conduct an oral presentation about a habitat
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.