Also included in
- This huge resource includes all of my resources for 3rd grade NGSS Life Science. This collection of resources cover the life science standards for NGSS. Students will explore in hands-on, inquiry based lessons in the 5 E Learning cycle Format They will read nonfiction scientific passages in a close$38.32$45.90Save $7.58
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$121.44$146.55Save $25.11
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 3rd grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 3rd grade. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to k$61.76$74.70Save $12.94
- NGSS Third Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 3rd grade for the entire year. Students will love these engaging third-grade science lessons. Each unit meets one or more of the NGSS third-grade standards. Are you looking for resources made by someone who understands NGSS? I ha$77.80$94.75Save $16.95
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
- This science bundle for third grade covers the entire year! You save 20% by purchasing together! This NGSS Bundle for third grade is packed full of great lessons, investigations, labs, and close readings with nonfiction passages to meet the NGSS and CCSS standards for 3rd grade! Covers all NGSS stan$84.12$105.15Save $21.03
Habitat Unit for Third Grade Students will learn about animal habitats and specifically about the desert habitat and the animals and plants that live there. Students will learn about adaptations and biodiversity. Students will learn that sometimes habitat changes and animals must adapt or leave the habitat.
This resource addresses the 3rd grade standards for NGSS 3-LS4-3 and 3-LS4-4 It can be used for learning about animal and plant adaptations.
This resource includes:
- 5 pages of nonfiction text
- a printable layered book
- response pages
- interactive notebook flaps
- task cards
- sorting cards
- answer keys
- This resource begins and ends with the use of the phenomenon.
This resource is designed specifically to meet the NGSS standards for 3rd-grade Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity: Habitat
NGSS 3-LS4-3. Construct an argument with evidence that in a particular habitat some organisms can survive well, some survive
less well, and some cannot survive at all.
NGSS 3-LS4-4. Make a claim about the merit of a solution to a problem caused when the environment changes and the types of plants and animals that live there may change.
This resource also addresses Utah SEEd standards
Utah SEEd Standard 3.2.5 Engage in argument from theevidence that in a particular habitat () some organisms can survive well, some survive less well, and some cannot survive at all. Emphasize that organisms and habitats form in which the parts depend upon each other. Examples of evidence could include the needs and characteristics of the organisms and habitats involved such as cacti growing in dry, sandy soil but not surviving in wet, saturated soil. (LS4.C)
Utah SEEd Standard 3.2.6 Design a solution to a problem caused by a in the environment that impacts the types of plants and animals living in that environment. Define the problem, identify criteria and constraints, and develop possible solutions. Examples of environmental changes could include changes in land use, water availability, temperature, food, or changes caused by other organisms. (LS2.C, LS4.D, ETS1.A, ETS1.B, ETS1.C)
For NGSS 3rd Grade
Next Generation Science Standards
If you are looking to give your students reading comprehension passages and questions, this is a great resource!
Science Concepts include:
Adaptations of plants and animals
Structural and behavioral adaptations
Abiotic and biotic factors
Changes in habitat
Supporting Claims With Evidence
This is a great CLOSE reading activity with a science theme and fun, meaningful activities. This resource is packed with great activities to fully teach the two NGSS standards. Students will learn about abiotic and biotic factors and how they interact in an ecosystem. Students will learn that organisms must adapt to their habitat or they will not survive. Specific information is given on desert habitat and adaptations for organisms living there and then students are expected to research another habitat to find out about its characteristics and how animals and plants survive in that habitat. A printable layered book is included that they can fill in the information they gather from their research. This resource includes response pages, interactive notebook flaps and folds, and text-dependent questions. It also includes sorting cards and two task cards that students can use in small groups, partners, or as fast finishers. Answer keys are included. This resource begins and ends with the use of the phenomenon.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
By Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
Students love my reading comprehension passages and questions! See my other resources: