Habitats - Biodiversity - Classifying Animals - NGSS 2-LS4-1
Also included in
- This second-grade NGSS bundle has resources for the whole year! All standards for second-grade NGSS are addressed. This includes great 2nd-grade science activities and labs. Students will love these exciting activities! Save 20% on this huge second-grade NGSS bundle thatcovers ALL the standards forPrice $54.72Original Price $68.40Save $13.68
- This resource covers all the second-grade standards for Utah SEEd. You will save 20% by purchasing these resources in this bundle. This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of resources and addresses all the Utah SEEd standards for 2nd grade. Students will love these second-grade science units.This bPrice $50.72Original Price $63.40Save $12.68
Students will make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
Students will learn about the diversity of life in different habitats! This engaging unit is designed to teach the NGSS standards for 2nd grade on Biodiversity. Students will sort animals by habitat and class while learning about the distribution of organisms across Earth. ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
This Habitat unit includes:
- a slideshow on biodiversity and classes of animals
- nonfiction articles
- layered book
- data recording pages
- response pages
- 64 animal cards
- two task cards
- answer keys
- The unit starts and ends with phenomena☀️
Teachers Love this Integrated Science Unit!❤️❤️❤️
Muller ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
OMG I am going to be a customer of yours all school year. I bought this one and your other Habitat Unit for our first science unit and WOW. The students absolutely love everything about these bundles. The text is easy for them to read and the pictures are awesome. Thank you SO MUCH for the time you've put into your science lessons!
Richard ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
Loved this resource. Well planned and easy to use. I will be look for more from this author.
Designed to go with the Disciplinary Core: Idea 2-LS4 Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity.
✅ NGSS 2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
✅ Utah SEEd Standard 2.2.1 Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information about of living things (plants and animals, including humans) in different habitats. Emphasize the diversity of living things in land and water habitats. Examples of patterns in habitats could include descriptions of temperature or precipitation and the types of plants and animals found on land habitats.
In this complete unit, students will see a slideshow on biodiversity and classes of animals. They will read nonfiction articles provided. They will record data, create a layered book, answer response pages and they will sort animals by habitat and class: mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians, arachnids, and insects. Would you like to know more about teaching Diversity of Life in Different Habitats?
Students will enjoy these engaging activities while learning about the diversity of life in different habitats.
My resources, including the slide show, are secure and cannot be edited. This is for copyright reasons.
By Lynda R. Williams
Follow my store to get news of new resources. My resources are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Teaching Science
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com
Be sure to see some of my other great resources for NGSS 2nd grade
Close Read and Lab on Where is Water Found on Earth and What Forms Does it Take? NGSS 2-ESS2-3
Close Read and Lab Fast and Slow Changes to the Earth NGSS 2-ESS1-1 and 2-ESS2-1
• Habitat Unit for Second Grade NGSS 2-LS4-1 and Utah SEEd 2.2.2
• Habitat and Adaptations Close Reading Unit 3rd Grade NGSS 3-LS4-3 and 3-LS4-4
• Rainforest Close Read: Habitat and Adaptations NGSS 3-LS4-3 and 3-LS4-4